- A nail of rectangular cross section with a flat tip and a small, typically asymmetrical head.More example sentences
- Drive 5/8-in. brads through the plywood into the cleats.
- Nails range from the smallest, thinnest brads to large, weighty spikes.
- Almost all the squares are tacked to the wall at three corners with tiny brads; a fourth nail was evidently inserted and then removed, leaving a telltale hole.
late Middle English: from Old Norse broddr 'spike'.
More definitions of bradDefinition of brad in:
- The US English dictionary