A compact coral with a convoluted surface resembling that of the brain.
- Diploria and other genera, order Scleractinia
More example sentences
- This ruby brittle star sits on a brain coral, its gangly arms ready to reach out and snatch freshly spawned eggs.
- I say ‘frustratingly nice’ because I am faced with the dilemma of shooting film now on the reef, or saving it for the brain coral.
- More than 20 dive sites lie within a 10-minute boat ride of Speyside, including a wreck and a brain coral as big as a bungalow.
Definition of brain coral in:
- The US English dictionary