noun[mass noun] • dated
- Inflammation of the brain: she seems overcome with the vapours or brain fever [count noun]: concussion was succeeded by a brain fever of sortsMore example sentences
- The same story was repeated during another epidemic of brain fever in Assam.
- At 16, Kikuko Miyagi witnessed terrible injuries, but learned to care for limbless men, those who could not speak and those suffering from the last stages of tetanus and brain fever.
- In his 1996 research work on cattle diseases, Meeran's father referred to the Toxo being used in diagnosis of brain fever and other communicable diseases.
More definitions of brain feverDefinition of brain fever in:
- The US English dictionary