Definition of brain-teaser in English:
A problem or puzzle, typically one designed to be solved for amusement.
- Heads poured over one-word-answer questions, brain-teasers, puzzles of reasoning and tests of grammar inside classrooms upstairs, while parents waited below in the lobby.
- Cobej is a former maths scholar, and spends his time away from the training-ground solving brain-teasers.
- Work your mind with brain-teasers, jigsaw puzzles, crosswords or quiz books.
- brain-teasing adjective
- Example sentences
- His deadpan delivery and brain-twisting concepts have made him one of the most recognizable comedians in the business.
- And perhaps we should add that unlike most kids, and some adults who've over the years created an impenetrable mental block, he loves the thrill of figuring out mathematical equations, calculations and brain-teasing formulas.
- The pitching together of teams from all four divisions on FA Cup third round day brings with it the brain-teasing task of explaining which division each team plays in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.