Definition of brainless in English:
Stupid; very foolish: a brainless bimbo
More example sentences
- The decisions of the King will turn out to be more brainless, stupid, foolish, senseless, and imbecilic.
- Even when they're labelled stupid and brainless, they receive the news with huge smiles on their faces.
- He's the stupid, brainless one, and I won't give him any satisfaction.
stupid, foolish, witless, unintelligent, ignorant, mindless, idiotic, imbecilic, imbecile, half-witted, simple-minded, silly, empty-headed, half-baked
informal dumb, brain-dead, moronic, cretinous, thick, as thick as two short planks, thickheaded, dopey, dozy, birdbrained, pea-brained, pinheaded, dippy, lamebrained, dunderheaded, wooden-headed
British informal divvy
Scottish & Northern English informal glaikit
South African informal dof
West Indian informal dotish
- brainlessly adverb
- Example sentences
- These ‘demoralised’ pupils brainlessly deposit their rubbish on the streets daily, while the ‘demoralised’ staff, who must be aware of the situation, do little or nothing to stop it.
- Too many people quit after looking at two or three pages - brainlessly dismissive though this may be, it's rather less likely to happen with the printed version.
- This, plus an ending so brainlessly upbeat it looks as if it was borrowed from a different movie, makes The Bone Collector the least impressive release of the week.
- Example sentences
- It is easy to laugh - as I did, regularly - at the brainlessness behind some of the schemes documented here.
- And with House Of Wax's combination of brainlessness and boredom, that's a truly scary thought.
- And while seemingly well adjusted, Ruben too is dispirited, trading on the bodies and brainlessness of his fighters for a few dollars and the dream of the big time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.