- A northern Eurasian finch with a white rump, related to the chaffinch. The male has a black head and orange breast in summer.
More example sentences
- Fringilla montifringilla, family Fringillidae
- As I write, the old Bramley apple in our garden is occupied by a variety of finches: greenfinches, chaffinches and bramblings.
- Like bramblings, siskins tend to winter in widely different areas in succeeding years.
- In another area, he sows seeds to attract birds like linnets, reed buntings and bramblings.