- Pieces of grain husk separated from flour after milling: [with modifier]: oat bran [as modifier]: our regular morning bran cerealMore example sentences
- If they contain a carbohydrate, it's usually oat bran, wheat bran or inulin.
- Whole-wheat flour, wheat bran, nuts and many vegetables are good sources of insoluble fiber.
- Foods that contain insoluble fibers are wheat bran, whole grain products and vegetables.
Middle English: from Old French, of unknown origin.
More definitions of branDefinition of bran in:
- The US English dictionary