- A secondary railway line running from a main line to a terminus.More example sentences
- The factory had their own branch line from the main line junction at Bradley Fold Station, and as the wagons were unhitched from the trains this little engine shunted them onto the factory premises.
- Faced with an avalanche of leaves, the West Coast main line resembled a branch line yesterday as passengers between Manchester and London faced a temporary timetable.
- The branch line and main line often use the same tracks or adjacent tracks until they separate at some point between the junction station and the next station on the main line.
More definitions of branch lineDefinition of branch line in:
- The US English dictionary