A red earthworm with rings of a brighter colour, typically found in manure, and used as bait by anglers and in composting kitchen waste.
- Eisenia fetida, family Lumbricidae
More example sentences
- After 10 minutes raking I cast the tackle, baited with 2 small brandlings.
- Float-fishing a little brandling for some winter grayling and not holding out too much hope in the high and coloured water, lucky Sam proceeded to break the Scottish grayling record twice in one afternoon.
- Bait fishing with a float is a very enjoyable way to catch; use brandlings or maggots on size 16 hooks.
Definition of brandling in:
- The US English dictionary