noun (plural same or branzini /branˈziːni/)chiefly US
- A sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax), especially as an item on a menu: the whole roasted branzino was as fresh-tasting as if it had just been pulled from the seaMore example sentences
- A grilled whole branzino lacked pizazz, compared with the other choices, despite a zesty gremolata.
- Grilled branzino, boned tableside by an overconfident server, presented an unappetizing prospect of miscellaneous chunks and flakes.
- I have tried virtually everything on the menu and my faves are any risotto, the octopus appetizer and the branzino.
Italian, 'sea bass'.
More definitions of branzinoDefinition of branzino in:
- The US English dictionary