Entry from US English dictionary
1Trimmed or banded with brass fittings.
- Stardust will be coming out soon in a mass market paperback edition, with a cover that is meant to look like an old brass-bound diary.
- He owned a beautiful old brass-bound one which had belonged to his grandfather.
- Around the year 1350, a poor Parisian scrivener spent two florins on a strange but beautiful brass-bound book filled with curious diagrams.
1.2(Of a person) brazen or impudent.
- What gets up our noses is the brass-bound arrogance and hubris of the pirates who now run your system.
- Nature also teaches us that Clark's brass-bound dream is starting to come true.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.