A plant of a genus that includes cabbage, swede, rape, and mustard: brassicas are often plagued by whitefly
- Genus Brassica, family Cruciferae
More example sentences
- I planted these three brassicas (members of the cabbage family) next to each other.
- This year we're experimenting with more fall brassicas like radish, mustard and rape.
- Indoors, start some lettuce, early brassicas (cabbage, broccoli and relatives), and bulb onions from seed.
modern Latin, from Latin, literally 'cabbage'.
Definition of brassica in:
- The US English dictionary