- full form of bra.More example sentences
- Yet the exhibit still reveals the intricate machinery that made the New Look work: corsets, brassieres and girdles re-emerged from decades past to discipline the female body into the latest couture creations.
- Also this week, the United States said it would limit imports from China of knit fabrics, brassieres and dressing gowns because sales had been climbing in the U.S. market.
- Across from these tiny slippers is a case that displays the evolution of the corsets and brassieres that have twisted and shaped the female figure to reflect the ever-changing ideal of what women should look like in Western culture.
early 20th century: from French brassière, literally 'bodice, child's vest'.
More definitions of brassiereDefinition of brassiere in:
- The US English dictionary