Definition of brat pack in English:
A rowdy and ostentatious group of young celebrities, especially film stars.
- We asked a bunch of Jakarta teens whether they consider the young stars a budding brat pack, or worthy of their esteem.
- The brat pack has become the rat pack, and it will become the geriatric pack in the next few years, having gone absolutely nowhere at all.
- Lacking the irony of other children's films that make them enjoyable for accompanying adults, and being too young to fall in a brat pack genre, personally, I would recommend a visit to an Imax cinema and let them watch Lizzie McGuire on TV.
1980s: after rat pack1.
brat packer noun
- Example sentences
- Her only solace is a sympathetic high school teacher, nicely underplayed by a former ‘brat packer’, who encourages her to enroll in an arts school in New York.
- Since her first film, a 1980s brat packer, when she was 13, she has made some 30 movies.
- One writer of a biography of Cobain refused to allow his book to be optioned, worried that the resultant film would feature some earnest brat packer in a dreadful wig.
Definition of brat pack in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan