Definition of brawn in English:
- Their strength and brawn have always put Tipp off a bit.
- I suddenly saw these guys around me gaining this muscle, strength, and brawn.
- On exams that measure brawn and physical aptitude, your score is not fixed - it can improve over time.
- Medieval English pork recipes included pies, brawn, and little rissoles.
- The principal part of the pig used to make Pork Brawn is the head.
- If you hanker for a taste of the past and have time on your hands, try his take on the old traditional favourite of jellied brawn
Brawn for both muscular strength and pressed potted meat is from Old French braon ‘fleshy part of the leg’, from a Germanic root. A related word is German Braten ‘roast meat’.
Words that rhyme with brawnadorn, born, borne, bourn, Braun, corn, dawn, drawn, faun, fawn, forborne, forewarn, forlorn, freeborn, lawn, lorn, morn, mourn, newborn, Norn, outworn, pawn, prawn, Quorn, sawn, scorn, Sean, shorn, spawn, suborn, sworn, thorn, thrawn, torn, Vaughan, warn, withdrawn, worn, yawn
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.