- The action of breaking a sworn assurance to do something, formerly especially to marry someone: Anastasia cherishes the recollection of having won an action for breach of promiseMore example sentences
- Would an action for damages for breach of promise of marriage be within this?
- But in litigation over breach of promise for payment of damages, it was possible that she might claim to have been engaged to a more promising man.
- The decision suggests that a legal remedy for a breach of promise by a politician, while not impossible, is very difficult to achieve.
More definitions of breach of promiseDefinition of breach of promise in:
- The US English dictionary