- 1A part of a region that produces cereals for the rest of it: the province has functioned as the country’s breadbasketMore example sentences
- Zimbabwe used to be the breadbasket of the region.
- In this context it has already been established that Guyana can be the breadbasket for the whole region.
- Central and Eastern Europe had traditionally been the continent's breadbasket; the region was endowed with rich agricultural land, providing an economic logic for why it should continue to produce and export agricultural goods.
- 2 • informal A person’s stomach, considered as the target for a blow: there’s one in the breadbasket for youMore example sentences
- There were no punches landed to the breadbasket during this bout.
- I'd like to put a knee into him, right in the breadbasket.
- This is a classic gnome placement that has a Midwestern sensibility as well as a minimalistic charm that hits you right in the breadbasket.
More definitions of breadbasketDefinition of breadbasket in:
- The US English dictionary