- 1Celebrate the Eucharist: as we gathered to break bread, a sense of thanksgiving ran through usMore example sentences
- Later, however, precise details would be given: namely, that this confession would take place when the community gathered on each Lord's day to break bread and celebrate the Eucharist.
- Rather than ceasing to baptize or break bread, Lewis suggests an attitude of repentance because of the lack of unity among Christians.
- I am thinking especially of the oil painting in the Louvre where a tired and almost anaemic God is recognised by the two disciples with whom he breaks bread in the inn at Emmaus.
- 1.1 • dated Share a meal with someone: Donald’s staying to break bread with usMore example sentences
- I was able to break bread with him just last week.
- I'm out of town the rest of today for a loan closing and to break bread with an old friend or two.
- Local residents can fire questions and voice concerns and break bread with them as they pass.
More definitions of break breadDefinition of break bread in:
- The US English dictionary