- A secondary crop grown to interrupt the repeated sowing of cereals as part of crop rotation.More example sentences
- The crop is a useful break crop increasing the yield of the following winter wheat by about 1.5 t/ha.
- First wheat after a break crop can be drilled from early September (or late August if you must) providing the break crop did not have a significant couch infestation or volunteer cereals which both host take-all.
- The beet forms a good break crop on land that will not grow potatoes.
More definitions of break cropDefinition of break crop in:
- The US English dictionary