- Reach a point in a business venture when the profits are equal to the costs: the firm will break even at the operating level this yearMore example sentences
- But in the most recent quarter it barely broke even, reporting operating profit of just $5 million on sales of $1.1 billion.
- Even in a growing economy, it takes five to seven years before a magazine breaks even or turns a profit.
- The business is barely breaking even, and it's going to take extensive promotion and careful management to improve its performance.
More definitions of break evenDefinition of break even in:
- The US English dictionary