- (In martial arts) a controlled fall in which most of the impact is absorbed by the arms or legs.More example sentences
- In a classification of ju-jitsu movements the exercises and the break-falls are included.
- After some 18 months of training, I was on the wrong end of some karate take downs, but judo break-falls saved me from any serious injury.
- When we'd finished, he could do a break-fall running at full pace and he could fall properly when I threw him.
More definitions of break-fallDefinition of break-fall in:
- The US English dictionary