- 1The separation or breaking up of something into several pieces or sections: the break-up of the Ottoman EmpireMore example sentences
- The break-up of London bus workers into separate companies has led to huge differences in the earnings of drivers across the capital.
- In that year, however, the break-up of the USSR implied the break-up of the forces.
- 1.1The end of a relationship: a marriage break-upMore example sentences
- Family Mediation Services helps families through the trauma of marriage and relationship break-ups.
- For a start, marriage break-ups are on the increase, which often results in people taking on a mortgage later in life.
- The organisation is running adverts in the farming press this week urging people to contact them to talk about their concerns regarding relationship break-ups.