1A piece of armour covering the chest.
- Vests and T-shirts bear prints of Japanese armour breastplates embellished with coloured jewels.
- The man quickly grabbed his arms and the woman stripped his armour breastplate away.
- He wore a breastplate and leg armour, as well as the expensive, linen drapery around his body.
2A set of straps attached to the front of a saddle, which pass across the horse’s chest and prevent the saddle slipping backward.
- They were so pretty, with those burnished breastplates.
- This breastplate is designed to keep the saddle from sliding backwards while allowing the horse freedom of movement.
- Rear cinch and breastplate are considered required for safety reasons.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: breast|plate
Definition of breastplate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.