- A swimming stroke in which the arms are pushed forwards and then swept back in a circular movement, while the legs are tucked in towards the body and then kicked out in a corresponding movement: the breaststroke is one of the most difficult strokes I am good at breaststroke [as modifier]: backstroke and breaststroke eventsMore example sentences
- I walked away, mentally praising myself for putting in those long hours working on my breaststroke kick.
- There were individual medleys, as well as backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke and freestyle events.
- When I recovered, I headed at a fast breaststroke towards the side, but I got a side cramp.
- More example sentences
- The two British breaststrokers both qualified for tonight's final.
- These ladies were champion breaststrokers and divers in their youth, dominating national competitions.
- The backstroker is first, the breaststroker is second, the butterflier is third, and the freestyler is last.
More definitions of breaststrokeDefinition of breaststroke in:
- The US English dictionary