Definition of breaststroke in English:
A swimming stroke in which the arms are pushed forwards and then swept back in a circular movement, while the legs are tucked in towards the body and then kicked out in a corresponding movement: the breaststroke is one of the most difficult strokes I am good at breaststroke [as modifier]: backstroke and breaststroke events
More example sentences
- I walked away, mentally praising myself for putting in those long hours working on my breaststroke kick.
- There were individual medleys, as well as backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke and freestyle events.
- When I recovered, I headed at a fast breaststroke towards the side, but I got a side cramp.
- Example sentences
- The two British breaststrokers both qualified for tonight's final.
- These ladies were champion breaststrokers and divers in their youth, dominating national competitions.
- The backstroker is first, the breaststroker is second, the butterflier is third, and the freestyler is last.
Definition of breaststroke in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan