Entry from US English dictionary
1Sufficient room to move and breathe comfortably.
- Still the bus stopped for a few more people to squeeze into what was left of the breathing room.
- Why people would want to act like herded cattle instead of having some breathing room is beyond me.
- There was perhaps only about five inches of breathing room left in the car.
- They would like nothing more than some breathing room.
- There's still a need for political reconciliation, for breathing room.
- China could also give Taiwan more breathing room internationally.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: breath·ing room
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.