Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of breathing room in English:
1Sufficient room to move and breathe comfortably.
- Still the bus stopped for a few more people to squeeze into what was left of the breathing room.
- Why people would want to act like herded cattle instead of having some breathing room is beyond me.
- There was perhaps only about five inches of breathing room left in the car.
- They would like nothing more than some breathing room.
- There's still a need for political reconciliation, for breathing room.
- China could also give Taiwan more breathing room internationally.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.