- An opportunity to pause, relax, or decide what to do next: we all need a breathing space during the working week [mass noun]: the delay gave him some breathing spaceMore example sentences
- It was meant to be a one-day pause to give the banks a breathing space but the shut down is now going to last all week.
- Another insight she imparts is that anti-depressants don't work for everyone, but they can give a person breathing space.
- I sat down and watched the world go by, feeling the panic melt, or, more accurately, the new breathing space it freed up as it left.
More definitions of breathing spaceDefinition of breathing space in:
- The US English dictionary