adjective (breathier, breathiest)
- Producing or causing an audible sound of breathing, typically as a result of physical exertion or strong feelings: a breathy laughMore example sentences
- The voice may sound breathy, raspy, strained and rough in quality.
- At that moment, I absolutely hated how breathy my voice sounded.
- I asked, noticing the breathy sound to my voice that I had not meant to be there.
- More example sentences
- What she lacks in sheer firepower she more than makes up for in hypnotic and compelling breathiness.
- It is a gentle way of connecting thoughts, without applying the abrupt brake of a full stop or the breathiness of a comma.
- The absence of vibrato or breathiness in the upper parts makes for gloriously sinewy singing.
More definitions of breathyDefinition of breathy in:
- The US English dictionary