past and past participle of breed
adjective[usually in combination]
- (Of a person or animal) reared in a specified environment or way: the bareness of the scene intimidated the city-bred ElizabethMore example sentences
- As Luni rode through town, mounted on his exquisitely bred horse, she decided that life with him might not be so bad.
- Much of the delivery work was done by half-draft or specially bred horses.
- Specially bred horses (all stallions no more than 14 hands high) were fed and housed in lavish stables and great forts.
More definitions of bredDefinition of bred in:
- The US English dictionary