- 1Short trousers fastened just below the knee, now chiefly worn for riding or as part of ceremonial dress: a pair of buckskin breechesMore example sentences
- He was still a little mad she had worn breeches under her dress.
- He was dressed in burgundy velvet breeches, waistcoat and frock, with a silk and lace white shirt.
- She had braided her hair, and dressed in breeches and tunic, her riding gloves tucked into her belt.
Middle English: plural of breech.
More definitions of breechesDefinition of breeches in:
- The US English dictionary