- A lifebuoy with canvas breeches attached which, when suspended from a rope, can be used to hold and transfer a passenger to safety from a ship.More example sentences
- Three of the crew were taken ashore by breeches buoy but the vessel then slid off the rocks.
- The rescuers used breeches buoys and lifeboats to bring the crew and passengers to shore.
- A sailor from the sinking ship would climb into the breeches buoy and be pulled to shore.
More definitions of breeches buoyDefinition of breeches buoy in:
- The US English dictionary