Definition of breeding ground in English:
1An area where birds, fish, or other animals habitually breed.
- They're also conduits of life, breeding grounds for small marine animals and feed areas for larger ones.
- This was the largest recorded breeding ground and nest concentrated area.
- You cannot see mites, but you can either remove their favorite breeding grounds or keep these areas dry and clean.
1.1A place or situation that favours the development or occurrence of something: the situation is a breeding ground for political unrest
More example sentences
- That kind of situation is a teeming breeding ground for all sorts of unwanted trouble.
- University campuses became a main breeding ground for developments in the functionality of the Internet.
- They argue that lack of outlets for political expression create a breeding ground for extremists.