noun[mass noun] Physics
- Electromagnetic radiation produced by the acceleration or especially the deceleration of a charged particle after passing through the electric and magnetic fields of a nucleus: [as modifier]: bremsstrahlung radiationMore example sentences
- When taken up by obstacles, beta particles produce a more penetrative secondary radiation known as bremsstrahlung.
- This information is addressed to colleagues working in the field of bremsstrahlung and related areas.
- Go back to the bremsstrahlung spectrum and see how it fades gradually to zero for long wavelengths.
1940s: from German, from bremsen 'to brake' + Strahlung 'radiation'.
More definitions of bremsstrahlungDefinition of bremsstrahlung in:
- The US English dictionary