nounUS • dialect
- Used as an informal title before a man’s name: Brer Jean Brer RabbitMore example sentences
- Ole Brer Ralph, he was out there hibernating after Invisible Man.
- Brer Rabbit is constantly at odds with the likes of Brer Bear, Brer Wolf, and Sly Brer Fox.
- His choice of a rabbit's foot hints at his affinity with Brer Rabbit and his African trickster antecedents.
late 19th century: representing an African-American or southern US pronunciation of brother.
More definitions of brerDefinition of brer in:
- The US English dictionary