noun (plural breweries)
- A place where beer is made commercially: work continued on the new lager brewery in AltonMore example sentences
- While the major breweries dominated the beer market, imported brands and local microbreweries also flourished.
- Actually, if the brewmaster sent that beer out of the brewery, he thought it was done.
- Ron used to organise the beer from the local brewery in sugar sacks that held 4 dozen big bottles of beer.
mid 17th century: from brew, probably on the pattern of Dutch brouwerij.
More definitions of breweryDefinition of brewery in:
- The US English dictionary