Definition of brick veneer in English:
1A covering of brick applied to a timber frame.
- Its popularity dates from the mid-1930s when the term brick veneer first appeared in building journals.
- His analysis of forces on the brick veneer walls for the subject building was filed as Exhibit #30.
- Rather than the usual brick veneer, Brown relied on inexpensive and utilitarian materials.
1.1Australian A house built with brick veneer walls.
- Eve climbed out of the car and followed the mysterious man to the front door of a spacious brick veneer.
- This was the age of the brick veneer, the owner-occupied home, and the motor mower.
- Most of the town's residents have sold their bungalows and bought into brick veneer subdivisions with manicured lawns.
Definition of brick veneer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan