A person whose job is to build walls, houses, and other structures with bricks.
- Once the bricklayer and mason contractor leave the job, it is important to protect the completed masonry.
- The structure was subsequently built by the London bricklayer and the plasterer.
- After leaving school at 16 he trained as a bricklayer and plasterer.
- Example sentences
- The bricklaying process for a mortarless barbecue is much simpler than that of a brick barbecue with mortar.
- There are tricks of the trade in bricklaying, and the learning curve can be steep.
- It also makes the bricklaying process easier on your knees.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: brick|lay¦er
Definition of bricklayer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.