Definition of bricklayer in English:
A person whose job is to build walls, houses, and other structures with bricks.
- Once the bricklayer and mason contractor leave the job, it is important to protect the completed masonry.
- The structure was subsequently built by the London bricklayer and the plasterer.
- After leaving school at 16 he trained as a bricklayer and plasterer.
- Example sentences
- The bricklaying process for a mortarless barbecue is much simpler than that of a brick barbecue with mortar.
- There are tricks of the trade in bricklaying, and the learning curve can be steep.
- It also makes the bricklaying process easier on your knees.
Definition of bricklayer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan