noun (plural same or bricolages)[mass noun]
- 1(In art or literature) construction or creation from a diverse range of available things: the chaotic bricolage of the novel is brought together in a unifying gestureMore example sentences
- He has described the process of building it as one of bricolage, the French term for do-it-yourself.
- Bricolage certainly jars and stirs the imagination, but is bricolage enough for reform?
- They're photographic bricolage, re-interpreting neighbourhood texts in radical ways.
- 1.1 [count noun] Something constructed or created from a diverse range of things: bricolages of painted junkMore example sentences
- That confronted with the comparable images and ideas they could not create a comparable bricolage?
- Is Heidegger's thought just a bricolage of ideas derived from others?
- A community recalling its past generates a composite bricolage of folk histories.
More definitions of bricolageDefinition of bricolage in:
- The US English dictionary