Definition of bridge-building in English:
The promotion of friendly relations between groups: the teaching force has been less willing in recent years to devote unpaid hours to community bridge-building
More example sentences
- This will require leadership, compromise and bridge-building.
- Your work of years of bridge-building can be undone in minutes.
- I think it may even be a genuine attempt at bridge-building.
- Example sentences
- The world continues to mourn this man, a torch-bearer of peace and a bridge-builder between faiths.
- Turkey was in a position to play the role of bridge-builder between the Occidental and Muslim worlds.
- The future belongs to the bridge-builders, not the wreckers.
Definition of bridge-building in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan