- 1For a short time; fleetingly: he worked briefly as a lawyerMore example sentences
- Boies had been able to come back to Quebec briefly for Mia's birth.
- Using the free end of the second connecting wire, briefly touch the positive lead on the power supply.
- She brings the distant briefly close above his dreamy abstract stare.
- 1.1Using few words; concisely: as I briefly mentioned earlier [sentence adverb]: briefly, the plot is as follows ...More example sentences
- Evaluations of the two programs are briefly described below.
- Toward the end of the council fire the boys will be receptive to the suggestion of a hero tale, simply, briefly told.
- The obvious problem of pseudonymity of New Testament books is only briefly considered.