- A rank of officer in the US army, air force, and marine corps, above colonel and below major general.More example sentences
- A wing, normally commanded by a brigadier general, is the Air Force's prime warfighting instrument.
- He was a brigadier general, and he had been sent by Eighth Army Headquarters.
- Now a brigadier general, Roosevelt performed with distinction, first in North Africa, then in Sicily.
More definitions of brigadier generalDefinition of brigadier general in:
- The US English dictionary