- A two-masted sailing ship with a square-rigged foremast and a mainmast rigged fore and aft.More example sentences
- The brigantine Young Endeavour, a bicentennial gift from the United Kingdom to Australia, is a unique ship.
- A tall and handsome man stood strong against the blowing wind, gazing out from the bow of a large brigantine ship.
- The chart holds the key to the location of the wreck of an eighteenth-century brigantine.
early 16th century (denoting a small vessel used by pirates): from Old French, from Italian brigantino, from brigante (see brigand).
More definitions of brigantineDefinition of brigantine in:
- The US English dictionary