Definition of bright-eyed in English:
1.1Alert and lively: bright-eyed young lawyers
More example sentences
- Perched on a sofa in his plush suite, he is bright-eyed and unexpectedly eager to talk.
- Along with their bright-eyed optimism, the band offers up some surprisingly innovative songs.
- Thin and tired, she seemed to have little in common with the bright-eyed young go-getter.
- 1bright-eyed and bushy-tailed
- informal Alert and lively: he arrived bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at the studio[From the conventional description of a squirrel]More example sentences
- The two walked off bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, I wandered outside alone.
- I started high school bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
- I could see she was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed now, fully awake.
Definition of bright-eyed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.