Definition of bright-eyed in English:
1.1Alert and lively: bright-eyed young lawyers
More example sentences
- Perched on a sofa in his plush suite, he is bright-eyed and unexpectedly eager to talk.
- Along with their bright-eyed optimism, the band offers up some surprisingly innovative songs.
- Thin and tired, she seemed to have little in common with the bright-eyed young go-getter.
bright-eyed and bushy-tailed
- informal Alert and lively: he arrived bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at the studio[From the conventional description of a squirrel]More example sentences
- The two walked off bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, I wandered outside alone.
- I started high school bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
- I could see she was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed now, fully awake.
Definition of bright-eyed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan