- 1 • dated Scented oil used on men’s hair to make it look glossy.More example sentences
- The firm was known for its cough medicine, but in fact the products included hair cream, brilliantine, and others.
- A man his age, his hair combed back with brilliantine, was nestled in one of the chairs.
- Guttman, closely cropped, clean-shaven and smelling of brilliantine, heads for Mozambique.
- 2US Shiny dress fabric made from cotton and mohair or cotton and worsted.More example sentences
- The race took the products of the economic boom all over Italy: brilliantine, coffee machines, and cookers.
- His mood alters as he turns from the brilliantine carpet to the brooding figures that adorn his walls.
- The bride will wear a white serge suit and the bridegroom will wear a white brilliantine suit.
late 19th century: from French brillantine, from brillant 'shining' (see brilliant).
More definitions of brilliantineDefinition of brilliantine in:
- The US English dictionary