A marine annelid worm which has a segmented body with numerous bristles on the fleshy lobes of each segment. Also called polychaete.
- Class Polychaeta: numerous species, including ragworms, lugworms, fan worms, and their relatives
More example sentences
- Other prey, such as bristle worms, razor shells and tellins are also taken when available.
- Early findings include new species of jellyfish and bristle worms.
- Great acres of tubeworms surround that peculiar lake, slow white crabs, shrimp, and waving bristle worms.
Definition of bristle worm in:
- The US English dictionary