Definition of bristly in English:
1(Of hair or foliage) having a stiff and prickly texture: he washed his bristly black hair the dunes were dotted with bristly little bushes
More example sentences
- The bristly hair in your mustache prickles my skin, itching a bit.
- Mr. Gershwin, a rather catlike man with an intelligent face and bristly whiskers, began.
- My eyes were closed to avoid getting jabbed by the bristly grass blades.
- Example sentences
- The awful bristliness of my still-unshaven face had now surpassed mere "designer stubble" and passed into the unforgivable realms of "actually a beard".
- His bristliness and weaknesses were only the reverse side of his splendid qualities.
- The vegetation of Lower California makes up in bristliness what it lacks in luxuriance.
Words that rhyme with bristlygristly
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan