Definition of bristly in English:
1(Of hair or foliage) having a stiff and prickly texture: he washed his bristly black hair the dunes were dotted with bristly little bushes
More example sentences
- The bristly hair in your mustache prickles my skin, itching a bit.
- Mr. Gershwin, a rather catlike man with an intelligent face and bristly whiskers, began.
- My eyes were closed to avoid getting jabbed by the bristly grass blades.
- bristliness noun
- Example sentences
- He wore a red beard, just changed from the down of youth to the bristliness of manhood, and as yet unshaven.
- My beard sticks out straight from my face, so you can still see my skin underneath - it has none of the bushiness or bristliness of a proper beard.
- The vegetation of Lower California makes up in bristliness what it lacks in luxuriance.
Words that rhyme with bristlygristly
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.