Definition of bristly in English:
1(Of hair or foliage) having a stiff and prickly texture: he washed his bristly black hair the dunes were dotted with bristly little bushes
More example sentences
- The bristly hair in your mustache prickles my skin, itching a bit.
- Mr. Gershwin, a rather catlike man with an intelligent face and bristly whiskers, began.
- My eyes were closed to avoid getting jabbed by the bristly grass blades.
- Example sentences
- The awful bristliness of my still-unshaven face had now surpassed mere "designer stubble" and passed into the unforgivable realms of "actually a beard".
- His bristliness and weaknesses were only the reverse side of his splendid qualities.
- The vegetation of Lower California makes up in bristliness what it lacks in luxuriance.