1A native or inhabitant of Great Britain, or a person of British descent.
- Standing on a stage and also visible on a huge TV screen overlooking the square, Mr Netanyahu thanked British Jews and all Britons for their support.
- Ten days before the general election an NOP poll showed that 60% of Britons wanted British troops out by the end of this year.
- Hundreds of Britons besieged the British Embassy.
2A Celtic inhabitant of southern Britain before and during Roman times.
- When the Romans left Britain, the Britons did not use their roads.
- Another option is to test for interaction between Roman soldiers and local Britons, by searching for African DNA in the local gene pool.
- In 406 and 409 the Britons rebelled against Roman rule.
Words that rhyme with Britonbitten, bittern, Britain, Britten, handwritten, hardbitten, kitten, Lytton, mitten, smitten, underwritten, witan, written
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Briton
Definition of Briton in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.