1A native or inhabitant of Great Britain, or a person of British descent.
- Standing on a stage and also visible on a huge TV screen overlooking the square, Mr Netanyahu thanked British Jews and all Britons for their support.
- Ten days before the general election an NOP poll showed that 60% of Britons wanted British troops out by the end of this year.
- Hundreds of Britons besieged the British Embassy.
2A Celtic inhabitant of southern Britain before and during Roman times.
- When the Romans left Britain, the Britons did not use their roads.
- Another option is to test for interaction between Roman soldiers and local Britons, by searching for African DNA in the local gene pool.
- In 406 and 409 the Britons rebelled against Roman rule.
Words that rhyme with Britonbitten, bittern, Britain, Britten, handwritten, hardbitten, kitten, Lytton, mitten, smitten, underwritten, witan, written
Definition of Briton in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.