- Fracture of a metal or other material occurring without appreciable prior plastic deformation.More example sentences
- Microstructures within the leucogranites show deformation lamellae and brittle fracture.
- In addition to research designed to find answers to a pressing problem, other research was aimed at gaining a better understanding of the mechanism of brittle fracture and fracture in general.
- Certain types of metals undergo a transition from ductile to brittle fracture when the temperature is decreased sufficiently, the strain rate is increased sufficiently, and/or the surface of the metal has been notched.
More definitions of brittle fractureDefinition of brittle fracture in:
- The US English dictionary