Definition of bro in English:
1 short for brother. his baby bro
More example sentences
- The Presidential Library goes through the Charlie Chaplin films, Buster Keaton comedies, Leni Riefenstahl's 1935 extreme propaganda film, Triumph of the Will, and the Marx bros Duck Soup, to name but a few.
- So it must make ordinary film-makers sick to see how seemingly effortlessly the Coen bros can revamp a genre to make a basic love story about a couple, who seem destined to be enemies, but realise they are made for each other.
- Increasingly he relied on a core group of delegates: the Dulles bros, Averill Harriman, Dean Acheson, and Colonel Goodpaster to run the ship.
1.1 (Bro.) Brother (used before a first name when referring in writing to a member of a religious order of men): Bro. Felix
2.1A young man, especially one who socializes primarily with his male peers and enjoys lively, unintellectual pursuits: shirtless bros with plaid shorts throwing frisbees
More example sentences
- During a CNN live report from Atlantic City, a reporter was videobombed by some shirtless dancing bros in the background.
- Everyone else has arrived, except the hockey bros who are having lost-cabbie trouble.
- They reliably counted among their ranks one or two hot guys on varsity soccer, a few of the more talented band kids, a handful of lacrosse bros, and a posse of beautiful, perfect-skinned girls who all took ballet classes together.
Words that rhyme with broaglow, ago, alow, although, apropos, art nouveau, Bamako, Bardot, beau, Beaujolais Nouveau, below, bestow, blow, bo, Boileau, bons mots, Bordeaux, Bow, bravo, cachepot, cheerio, Coe, crow, Defoe, de trop, doe, doh, dos-à-dos, do-si-do, dough, dzo, Flo, floe, flow, foe, foreknow, foreshow, forgo, Foucault, froe, glow, go, good-oh, go-slow, grow, gung-ho, Heathrow, heave-ho, heigh-ho, hello, ho, hoe, ho-ho, jo, Joe, kayo, know, lo, low, maillot, malapropos, Marceau, mho, Miró, mo, Mohs, Monroe, mot, mow, Munro, no, Noh, no-show, oh, oho, outgo, outgrow, owe, Perrault, pho, po, Poe, pro, quid pro quo, reshow, righto, roe, Rouault, row, Rowe, sew, shew, show, sloe, slow, snow, so, soh, sow, status quo, stow, Stowe, strow, tally-ho, though, throw, tic-tac-toe, to-and-fro, toe, touch-and-go, tow, trow, undergo, undersow, voe, whacko, whoa, wo, woe, Xuzhou, yo, yo-ho-ho, Zhengzhou, Zhou
Definition of bro in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.