1A skewer or spit on which chunks of meat or fish are barbecued, grilled, or roasted: beef and lamb en brochette
More example sentences
- Chunks of moist chicken, bursting with taste and tenderness, are grilled on a brochette with slices of blackened onion.
- The best of the seafood dishes was a platter of monkfish and giant sea scallops, densely skewered on a rosemary brochette.
- The brochettes are very long and have a V-shaped blade in order to more easily pierce the meat.
1.1A dish consisting of chunks of meat or fish cooked on a brochette: healthy dishes like brochettes of seafood
More example sentences
- Just as all the appetizers are available in varied formats, the main courses of falafel or meat brochettes are served as sandwich or as a platter.
- The dish came with two brochettes, and these were something else - tender and juicy and infused with citrusy flavour.
- You know the lamb must be fresh when it's the basis for three daily dishes: soup, brochette or shoulder.
French, diminutive of broche 'skewer'.
Words that rhyme with brochetteabet, aiguillette, anisette, Annette, Antoinette, arête, Arlette, ate, baguette, banquette, barbette, barrette, basinet, bassinet, beget, Bernadette, beset, bet, Bette, blanquette, Brett, briquette, brunette (US brunet), Burnett, cadet, caravanette, cassette, castanet, charette, cigarette (US cigaret), clarinet, Claudette, Colette, coquette, corvette, couchette, courgette, croquette, curette, curvet, Debrett, debt, dinette, diskette, duet, epaulette (US epaulet), flageolet, flannelette, forget, fret, galette, gazette, Georgette, get, godet, grisette, heavyset, Jeanette, jet, kitchenette, La Fayette, landaulet, launderette, layette, lazaret, leatherette, let, Lett, lorgnette, luncheonette, lunette, Lynette, maisonette, majorette, maquette, Marie-Antoinette, marionette, Marquette, marquisette, martinet, met, minaret, minuet, moquette, motet, musette, Nanette, net, noisette, nonet, novelette, nymphet, octet, Odette, on-set, oubliette, Paulette, pet, Phuket, picquet, pillaret, pincette, pipette, piquet, pirouette, planchette, pochette, quartet, quickset, quintet, regret, ret, Rhett, roomette, rosette, roulette, satinette, septet, serviette, sestet, set, sett, sextet, silhouette, soubrette, spinet, spinneret, statuette, stet, stockinet, sublet, suffragette, Suzette, sweat, thickset, threat, Tibet, toilette, tret, underlet, upset, usherette, vedette, vet, vignette, vinaigrette, wagonette, wet, whet, winceyette, yet, Yvette
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bro|chette
Definition of brochette in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.